Did You Know? Divorce Edition
Below are a few surprising facts about divorce:
- Ronald Reagan is the only U.S. president that had been previously divorced.
- A "gray divorce" is defined as someone getting a divorce that is over 50 years old.
- While the divorce rate has gone down, the people getting gray divorces has doubled.
- Roughly 6% of U.S. couples marry, divorce, and remarry each other once more.
- A first marriage has a 40-50% chance to end in divorce.
- On average, first time marriages last about 8 years.
- 1 year = average amount of time for divorce proceedings.
- Western States have the highest marriage and divorce rates