Social Security Disability Award Tips
- If you are disabled and unable to work, pursue a claim and get it on file immediately. Claims can take a long time, so don't wait.
- If you've been denied, seek legal assistance. You have a much higher chance of gaining an award with representation. McCarron Law Firm is happy to help you.
- Since your claim will be evaluated on the basis of your medical record, obtain ongoing medical treatment.
- Cooperate fully with the Disability Examiner working on your case, respond promptly and always go to scheduled medical exams.
- Maintain a good relationship with the claims representative at Social Security; they can help you through the process.
- An important link to gain access to Social Security Information and online applications: http://www.ssa.gov/disability/