Preventing Workplace Back Injuries
Back injuries that are a result of a workplace injury can alter your life forever. Did you know that, according to the Global Burden of Disease, lower back pain is the single leading cause of disability worldwide? Back pain is also the second most common reason for visits to the doctor's office. The good news is there can be a few ways to help prevent workplace back injuries.
- Educate yourself on the companies safety standards
- Stretch before work
- Use good posture
- Pace yourself, take breaks between lifts
- When picking up an object use slow and smooth movements
- Don't try to lift something that is too heavy for you
- Get help to lift items that are too heavy
- Avoid twisting when lifting heavy objects
- Keep the object as close to the body as possible
- Stretch after work
It is important to know that after you suffer from a workplace back injury that you have options. McCarron Law Firm can even help our clients know what to expect when they go and speak with a doctor.
McCarron Law Firm proudly serves the McLean County area. Located in downtown Bloomington we proudly provide Workers Compensation and back injury assistance. We provide representation to clients throughout Central Illinois, including the communities of Normal, Carlock, Eureka, Pontiac, Peoria, Champaign, Pekin, Lincoln, Lexington, Hudson, Heyworth and Clinton, as well as McLean County, Livingston County, DeWitt County, Woodford County, DeWitt County and Tazewell County. Call today to schedule your free consultation. 309-820-1010